You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3/Flickr remove account #1
mpallett's picture
by mpallett
January 16, 2013 - 1:20am

I am using Aperture 3.4.3 & would like to remove my integrated account with Flickr. I went to Aperture –> Preferences –> Web - where I highlighted the name of my Flickr account & clicked on the “-” button which resulted in a warning “6 albums will be removed from “Aperture Library”. They will still be available on Flickr. Items downloaded from Flickr that have not been imported will be moved to the Aperture trash unless you choose to import them”. The photos I uploaded from Aperture to Flickr were from a Smart Album I created in Aperture from a project. My concern is the portion of the above statement “6 albums will be removed from 'Aperture Library”.
If I continue with the removal of this Flickr account in Aperture, am I being warned that I will loose the original albums & photos in Aperture from which I uploaded to Flickr.

Thanks to anyone who can bring some insight into the relationship between Aperture and Flickr in this regard.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
January 16, 2013 - 2:40am

“Items downloaded from Flickr that have not been imported will be moved to the Aperture trash unless you choose to import them”: Did you upload photos to Flickr outside of the Aperture interface? (i.e. before you started using Aperture or via the web browser) If yes, then those photos are the ones that get synced back to the web section in Aperture but don’t get automatically imported into a project. Once you delete your Flickr account in Aperture, those photos will still be on Flickr but will be in the Aperture trash. If Flickr is the only place they exist, you should do the import first in Aperture to get them in a Project.

As for deleting albums, you won’t lose any photos. Albums do not contain actual photos - only links to photos in projects. When you delete an album you only lose the links. The photos will still be contained in their respective projects. But as I said in the first paragraph, if the photos on Flickr didn’t originate in Aperture, they are not in any project and deleting the Flickr album will move the photos to the trash.

Even if you do remove your Flickr account from Aperture and accidentally lost a photo, remember that they will still be on Flickr and you could get them back via the web interface to Flickr.

Thomas

mpallett's picture
by mpallett
January 16, 2013 - 3:29am

Thanks, Thomas, for the good information.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?