You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3.2.2 Slideshow #1
Tom Carroll's picture
by Tom Carroll
February 10, 2012 - 5:32am

Is there anyway to create an Aperture slideshow with the ability to manually advance the slides during a presentation, to automatically start a video when the video is selected in the jpg series, and to continue manually advancing the images after the video is complete. This is a piece of cake in PowerPoint — can it be done in Aperture? If not, it sure as hell should be a functionality. Many thanks.

Tom

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 10, 2012 - 12:46pm

Tom,

I can’t try this myself right now but have you tried just the basic slideshow function, instead of creating custom slideshow? Just select the images and start a slideshow from File > Play Slideshow. There are several presets; I think one is called “manual” or something like that. Or you can build your own preset, too.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Tom Carroll's picture
by Tom Carroll
February 10, 2012 - 12:58pm

Yea — I could make it work on my home machine but I need to export jogs with videos to my MacBook Air (with out Aperture) and give a presentation at a meeting. That’s the rub.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 11, 2012 - 8:12am

Tom,

aha, ok you left that part out :)

No, the only slideshow exports from Aperture are movies, and not the kind you can control the advance on.

I would actually recommend Keynote. It’s super easy and you can have nice transitions if you need them. Plus from there I’m pretty sure you can export a QT movie that will do a manual advance if you want it.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness