You are here

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3 and Wacom Capture Tablet #1
G Mitchell's picture
by G Mitchell
February 26, 2013 - 6:36am

I just purchased a Wacom Capture Tablet. It works in all programs except Aperture 3.
Well it works but it has a very large lag time compared to my Apple Track Pad. Example,
If I use my Apple Track Pad to retouch or clone it responds right along with my finger movement. When using Wacom Capture Tablet, there is a long lag time of response with the little Aperture window popping up saying loading. Yes I have latest driver. Very frustrating. More frustrating than brushing with your finger on the Apple Track Pad. Any help would be much appreciated.

G. Mitchell

iHarley's picture
by iHarley
February 26, 2013 - 6:53am

I’ve got a Wacom Capture tablet and just tried retouching and cloning and am not seeing what you’re seeing. I have the latest drivers installed, Mountain Lion 10.8.2, and fully updated Aperture. I don’t know if it means anything, but I have the tablet in “pen mode” when using the pen as opposed to mouse mode. I know, not the help you wanted, but maybe I can help troubleshoot?

Russell's picture
by Russell
February 26, 2013 - 7:17am

I’m not sure if this’ll help & I can’t immediately re-check because my iMac has gone in for the Seagate HDD replacement.

I have a Wacom Pen & Touch & it was awfully laggy initially. Getting fed up, this week I deleted all the peripheral crap like Sumo, Livebrush & Skitch along with the associated ~/Library files that get installed by default, leaving the latest Wacom driver only. I think there was a definite improvement in performance with far less lag, especially noticeable when I was editing in Perfect Suite 7.1. But I only tested it briefly before the iMac went in.

Does the Capture Tablet come with all that cruft too? If so, do you really need it? Is it worth deleting it to see if there’s an improvement? You can always re-install it if you want.

Russell

G Mitchell's picture
by G Mitchell
February 26, 2013 - 7:23am

lain
I have tracking in pen mode. It works fine in Pixelmator and Apple Preview app. Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.2

G. Mitchell

iHarley's picture
by iHarley
February 26, 2013 - 7:29am

Ah, Russ makes a good point, I didn’t have the Bamboo Dock installed, which I assume is similar to the extra stuff he mentioned. Now I’ve installed that and am doing the same retouching/cloning work and I feel/see no difference. I have a MacBook Pro 2008 edition, and there is no difference in lag time between using my Magic Mouse, the built in trackpad and using the Capture either with finger or pen. I do get a brief Loading… window as I assume it does it’s best to match, but I wouldn’t classify the wait as long.

G Mitchell's picture
by G Mitchell
February 26, 2013 - 7:31am

Russ
The only thing that was loaded was Bamboo Dock. Couple small programs and tablet setting setting.

G. Mitchell

G Mitchell's picture
by G Mitchell
February 26, 2013 - 7:37am

I’ll delete Bamboo Dock and reboot.

G. Mitchell

Russell's picture
by Russell
February 26, 2013 - 8:58am

Yup, all the garbage was associated with the Bamboo Dock app. If you look in your Applications folder, there may be a Bamboo folder, separate from the Bamboo Dock app, that can uninstall some of the files. Fingers crossed it works for you.

Russell

G Mitchell's picture
by G Mitchell
February 26, 2013 - 9:14am

No luck. still a great lag. I even turned off touch on the bamboo, only pen.
I shared a small screen video to show whats happening, 1.5 min video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv0tkqbpggergnv/Untitled.m4v

G. Mitchell

G Mitchell's picture
by G Mitchell
February 26, 2013 - 9:37am

lain and Russ Thank you for your help. I deleted both the Bamboo Dock Folder and ran the Utility in the Bamboo folder. And deleted any misc files that referenced Bamboo.
Rebooted and went to the Wacom site downloaded the driver and ran it. al is well know.
A slight lag over the Apple track Pad but not a game changer. Thank You again it is appreciated.

G. Mitchell

iHarley's picture
by iHarley
February 26, 2013 - 9:47am

Good to hear all has been resolved. Enjoy!

Russell's picture
by Russell
February 26, 2013 - 4:02pm

Excellent!

Russell

Russell's picture
by Russell
February 26, 2013 - 5:03pm

PS I realise (or realize) my tone is dismissive of the Bamboo apps. I am sure some find them anything but “crap”, “cruft” & “garbage” & maybe even enjoy using them.

Russell

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?