You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Another Rebuild Fail #1
Pix In Pix's picture
by Pix In Pix
November 12, 2010 - 2:36am

Hi Guys, I posted in here a while back re: Aperture performing badly and losing an entire folder of images (approx 300 wedding shots).

Well since the update Aperture is performing much better so after finishing all my work I we for a rebuild again.

But once again Aperture has 'lost' an entire wedding of approx 300 shots, but a different one this time.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me as I now have to repair form the Vault again and start from scratch.

Cheers

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 12, 2010 - 2:54am

Pix,

What the… seriously?!

That’s just nuts. I’ve never heard (other than from you) of this sort of thing happening. Have you looked in the package again to see if the structure is still there? Were the masters managed or referenced? Anything particularly unique about that wedding?

Crazy… 

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Pix In Pix's picture
by Pix In Pix
November 12, 2010 - 5:09am

Hey Joseph,

This is why I cant work it out. All files are managed, nothing special at all about that wedding. The last time it happened it did it to two completely different weddings. All the structure for everything is intact but for a random album here and there that gets totally lost.

All backed up though and now re-instated however I know if I do it again the same will happen.

Lost on this one

PS apologies for posting in wrong place :-|

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness