You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Album photo sort order problem #1
gregruss's picture
by gregruss
October 1, 2015 - 5:59am

Well I am curious about exactly which date it is sorting on when sorting by Oldest Date or Newest Date?

I’m assuming it is Capture Date or File Creation Date or File Modification Date. Is there another we can’t see?

Whichever date I have photos appearing in the ‘wrong’ order i.e. Where any of the above dates would suggest one photo should precede another… but it doesn’t.  If this was just 1 or 2 photos it mightn’t be a problem… but it is a lot more than that!

Lightroom’s starting to look better and better :(

Stephen Connor's picture
by Stephen Connor
January 18, 2016 - 9:18am

I’m not sure this answers your question, but I hope it helps.  Albums can be arranged any way you want, you can just drag the photos around.  In my experience, the photos are in the order you add them to an album.  My wedding photos are from various peoples’ cameras and the time (and even dates) were all over the shop, so the order in the photos view was chaos.  I created an album and dragged them in one at a time, in the order I wanted.  The album is perfectly ordered.  I don’t know how this works if you pile lots of photos into an album at once.  I did try selecting a few (by holding down the Apple key) and dragging them in, but the order I selected was not retained.

Canon 5D III
Canon 24-70 f2.8 II, Canon 70-200 f4 IS, Canon 100 f2.8 Macro
Mac OS & iOS

gregruss's picture
by gregruss
January 24, 2016 - 8:21am

Thanks… but I’m now having a good look at Lightroom.

Just can’t get Photos to do enough that I loved in Aperture - especially related to DAM 

Taking Joseph’s advice to NOT convert my Aperture library just yet but start in Lightroom with some new photos.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness