You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adobe releases Aperture Importer #1
Monty VanderBilt's picture
by Monty VanderBilt
October 20, 2014 - 11:20pm

Has anyone tried this? I don’t have Lightroom yet but it would save a lot of work. Reviews at the Adobe site are not promising.

Published October 17, 2014: Adobe Aperture Importer tool

“Easily migrate your existing Aperture and iPhoto libraries into Lightroom with this Lightroom plug-in. The following data from your Aperture and iPhoto libraries will be imported into Lightroom:

· Flags
· Star Ratings
· Keywords
· GPS Data
· Rejects
· Hidden Files
· Color Labels*
· Stacks*
· Face Tags*

*Color Labels, Stacks, and Face Tags will be imported as Lightroom keywords.

Since adjustments to photos made in Aperture and iPhoto can not be read into Lightroom, this plug-in will import both the original images and copies of the images that have adjustments applied.”

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
October 21, 2014 - 3:00am

Beware. It’s not a complete and seamless transfer.  The main loss would be that any Smart Album that you have created will not be transferred at all to the Collections section.  They will be lost. I don’t know about you but I heavily make use Smart albums so this is a big problem for me.  Not that I am about to run to Lr.  I’m still waiting things out and waiting to see at least the first upgrade to Photos.app after it’s release in early 2015. Heck, I’m curious to see what the DAM structure in Photos will be.  Will there be something more than Collections and Moments?  What will happen to our present projects, albums, smart albums, folders setups?  Time will tell.

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness