You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adjacent Numbering #1
Jason Frederick's picture
by Jason Frederick
May 2, 2012 - 12:45pm

I want to rename only a part of all my images' names, just the unique numbers. Is this possible? If so, how? I plan on deleting a large portion of photos, but I want the numbering to stay in adjacent order (i.e. 1,2,3… instead of 1, 5, 9…).

Thanks for any help!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 4, 2012 - 9:59am

Jason,

There is no renaming elements for Projects unfortunately.

Are you set on renaming the files themselves now?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

by Jason Frederick
May 4, 2012 - 11:31am

I would really like to rename the files now. There are a whole bunch of photos I want to delete, which are rated “X”. And, when I delete those images, there will be various numbering gaps in my library.

I would like the last photo’s unique number to match up with the total number of photos in my library. This makes it easier to identify issues (i.e. duplicate photos). (Probably more than anything, I just like being organized.)

I guess I could just go through each project and manually type each project name into a (Custom Name) element. I was just hoping there was a quicker way since I have a lot of projects.

But, I guess I could wait. What would I be waiting for? :)

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 5, 2012 - 1:22am

Jason,

To rename the files, just do as gfsymon explained. Select the photos, and go to Metadata > Batch Change…, then create a naming scheme like “Custom Name, Sequence #” or “Counter”, like this: [screenshot]

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
May 2, 2012 - 5:38pm

Select the photos whose names you want to change then :

Metadata Menu / Batch Change …

NB, you can also choose to change the Master filename, but beware that when importing new files from your camera, if you are not careful, you may find you have duplicate filenames.

by Jason Frederick
May 3, 2012 - 5:58am

Thanks, but actually that much I do understand. Actually, this is really what I need to know…

Is there a way to create an element (i.e. (Version Name) , (Custom Name) , etc.) for the Project name?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness