You are here

1 post / 0 new
Adding new 2TB MY BOOK and get incorrect capacity on Aperture vault when added #1
805bigdrake's picture
by 805bigdrake
April 5, 2014 - 6:46am

Just added new 3T WD hard drive per instructions (WD formatted to Mac already/checked ok) and called it Vault #5. All good here, BUT, when adding new Vault #5 into Aperture 3 by clicking “add new vault” it came up as Vault #5 fine, but it says “28.9GB of 1.8TB available” which is incorrect as I’ve added NO photos (yet). If I go to my desktop and click on the new Vault #5 icon and click “get info” it says I have 3TB available! Why does Vault #5 on Aperture 3 say “28.9GB of 1.8TB available” when 3TB is available? I need HELP!

UPDATE:  I heard that Aperture 3 is limited to a 2TB external hard drive so I went and bought a brand new 2TB  MY BOOK and I got the same results as the 3TB situation described above.  When I click on the round red “update vault” I get the box that says “calculating disk space”  and then I get the message that I do not have enough space to hold my 855GB of my current library.

I am REALLY stuck on this. I might point out I’m not the most computer savy person out there - PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I have an IMAC Mac OS X 10.6.8 (snow leapord)

Big Drake

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness