You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adding metadata by typing is case-sensitive #1
Dennis's picture
by Dennis
November 19, 2013 - 12:33pm

Hello,

Metadata is very useful and great to tag my photo’s in Aperture. The only thing that is really bugging me is that when typing my metadata tags that the suggestions are case-sensitive.

For example, when I previously used the metadata tag “Home” and I want to add the same tag on a new photo by typing the lower-case ”h” of “Home” I expect Aperture to be smart enough to suggest the “Home“ tag, but it doesn’t. I have to type the capital “H” to see the “Home” tag suggestion. This forces me to pay extra attention to these tags in that I do not create double tags. This also means that I have to keep this in mind when searching for tags, because it’s case-sensitive.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to deal with this? Tips or tricks maybe?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Dennis

IDEMI Photography | www.idemi.nl

vidpixarts@gmail.com's picture
by vidpixarts@gmail.com
November 19, 2013 - 4:08pm

Dennis: I feel your pain with the ‘caps-no-caps-issue’ with metadata , keywords and such. I like a mixture of and no caps for purposes of  management. But that rubric does raise the issue you describe. I saw a tip  on a different site in regards to Mavericks’ new tagging feature.  The suggestion is to do every thing lower case–to avoid the very problem you describe. Really rubs me wrong, but I am starting to convert to this lower case-only structure.

Best.

Dennis's picture
by Dennis
November 21, 2013 - 11:20am

Hi Vidpixarts,

It’s indeed a very simple and effective work-around to the problem  and I have considered this but it remains a work around ;-)  For now I’m going to do the same to avoid extra work.

Can you explain how this case-sensitive usage of tags help you in your management process? I’m very interested in your thoughts on this.

With kind regards,

Dennis

IDEMI Photography | www.idemi.nl

vidpixarts@gmail.com's picture
by vidpixarts@gmail.com
November 23, 2013 - 11:14pm

Dennis: nothing fancy/  lets say I used the keyword Family with a capital F, I would know that is my family. Should I use the keyword family with a small f- that would refer to any combination of family/ families other than my own. 

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness