You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
3.4.1 Book: Buy Book -> Preview Button missing #1
Christopher Pommerenke's picture
by Christopher Pommerenke
October 30, 2012 - 10:43am

Hey everybody,
I want to export a book I created in Aperture 3.4.1 by going to “buy book” and then use the preview. But for some reason the button (supposed to be under the stated price) is missing. Do you have any idea what I can do about this?

Thanks!

John Waugh's picture
by John Waugh
October 31, 2012 - 5:59am

Select the Print button and then the PDF option you can then save the book as a pdf or mail it , etc.
Hope that helps
John

John Waugh, Photographic Images • Apple Certified Trainer• Sport Action Lifestyle Photography

Christopher Pommerenke's picture
by Christopher Pommerenke
October 31, 2012 - 1:34pm

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the both options seem to be not identical. First of all I have this white border around my pages. It really cuts parts of the page off, so I cannot simply use another program to overcome this. Second (and more important) I would like to print the book with another company than Apple. They use a special program for this were I have to import the PDF created by the preview button in Aperture.

Thanks for your help! Perhaps somebody knows this problem!

Carl Brauer's picture
by Carl Brauer
October 31, 2012 - 10:57pm

I recently created a book in Aperture and when I click on the “Buy Book” button (next to the “Print” button), the first thing I see is a summary of my book and the cost. There is then a “Preview” button available. This may be a stupid question, but is it possible you are not in the “Books” section of your Aperture Library?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 1, 2012 - 12:30am

Christopher,

So this button is missing? [screenshot]

Definitely have not experienced that before. I would start with little things like trashing the preferences. If that doesn’t solve it, create a new user and a new Aperture library, import a few pictures and build a fake book (doesn’t matter if you only have one photo in it, go past the warnings and you can get to the ‘buy’ screen), and see if the button appears there.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness