You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
2 Questions regarding keywords and external edit options #1
iHarley's picture
by iHarley
January 6, 2011 - 7:16am

Question 1) I'm brought in my iPhoto 09 library into Aperture 3.1. Is there a way I can clean up the keywords? I have keywords that exist alone, and the same keyword nested under iPhoto.

Question 2) I have Topaz Labs excellent Adjust, for lack of a better word, filters. I also have their program that allows me to access them through Aperture. I also have, and occasionally use, Photoshop Express 6. Is there anyway I can have multiple External Photo Editor options?

iHarley's picture
by iHarley
January 6, 2011 - 7:37am

Just found this post that doesn’t really do what I want, but I guess this is the best that can be done? If you watch the video here on Topaz Labs (http://www.topazlabs.com/fusion/) you see at the about the 26 seconds mark multiple (2) options to choose from. I realize that this is an earlier version of Aperture.

Jaimie Harris's picture
by Jaimie Harris
January 6, 2011 - 7:56am

1) You can clear up keywords using the Keywords HUD. It shows you which Keywords are in use and how often and allows you to edit and merge them. Access the Keywords HUD by Window - Show Keywords HUD.

2) The best way to do this is to described here:
http://www.apertureexpert.com/tips/2010/10/1/multiple-external-editors-i…

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 6, 2011 - 8:00am

Iain,

You can move and merge keywords by simply draggin them around the Keyword editor in Aperture. Go to Window > Show Keywords HUD and simply drag them into place. If one already exists at that location, Aperture will offer to merge the keywords.

There’s no easy way to have multiple editors on Aperture 3, unfortunately. I posted this article a while ago with a bit of a workaround, but admittedly, it’s not ideal: Multiple External Editors in Aperture 3—a Work-around.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 6, 2011 - 8:11am

Jaimie,

I couldn’t have said it better myself… LOL

Thanks!
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

iHarley's picture
by iHarley
January 6, 2011 - 8:14am

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness